Friday, June 3, 2011

This not so southern girl...

I'm a wife and mom, and I love that. I love that my husband lets me stay home, and care for our two beautiful children. There is nothing I would rather do. We live in the south of this great country, and I am so blessed to be "living my dream" as my mother would say. (I always wanted to be a wife and mother growing up.) But I will tell you what, I am not much of a southern girl.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the south is wonderful. I love the history, and the hospitality of this area of the US. The country side is beautiful, and the people are nothing but kind. There is much to be said for the south. Be that as it may, I am a Pacific Northwest girl at heart. I miss the mountains, the cool evenings, the giant pine trees, and the rocky coastline. But... Right now, the south is where God has placed our family, so I am learning to adapted. And that adaptation is what this blog is about. It's about seeing the warm hearts of the southern people through the eyes of a western girl, and meeting my little family while you are at it. So come and sit on my front porch, (a popular thing to do around here) and learn a bit about this unique part of the country. And when you go, well just remember, Y'all Come Back... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment